Recording UFOs is challenging

Technology can be complicated, even to me. I've been recording so much stuff hovering in front of the moon on Saturday night, but with video editing software being so difficult to figure out, I've been having serious trouble trying to accomplish a full edit of even one of my videos. I tried Shotcut which worked in creating individual frames from video. I also tried Kdenlive for making my videos clearer and reducing noise, but I don't figure the stuff out even after looking for help online and in the user manual. With every push of a button, I don't see what exactly has changed to the video and I'm not sure what it is that I've done, so the video isn't properly enhanced. Most of the objects that I've recorded between the moon and Earth weren't alive because apart from moving linearly, they apparently didn't move at all, as anything alive would indicate a swerving motion and flapping of wings. During the time that some of the objects were recorded, I looked up immediately at the moon and nearby aread: Despite a full moon, I didn't see anything up there moving while looking with my unaided vision. A plane would almost certainly have some indication of being visible, unless it was a spy plane or space vehicle that could be so high up in the air. A satellite would almost certainly be visible as well, despite not being as visible as a plane. Space debris almost certainly wouldn't be visible without a telescope. I have been feeling the need to keep recording the night sky, and if the weather can cooperate, will do so. Would be nice if I could use my camera on the 16" scope at the local observatory on October 5th to record the night sky all night, but that's not something of an option. A 16" scope can zoom in on an object at least seven hundred times, while to see the entire moon at once means a magnification of approximately fifty times. I'd prefer to be relatively zoomed out at fifty times, and have a camera with a high tech sensor with extreme recording resolution and little to no noise, as well as high dynamic range to go well with the level of detail being captured. At the time of this writing there's no camera that can record a minimally large enough field of view that I'd be satisfied with and still produce enough level of detail to identify most objects, but the telescope type as well as mount type needed would be very expensive. And the camera should be able to record at fast frame rates as well as fast shutter speeds. I noticed that motion blur was visible at about one hundredth of a second for objects moving in front of the moon, and a much higher shutter speed might also show motion blur as well. So far, my videos have only been in 1080p, but both my cell phone and Fujifilm mirrorless camera has 4k recording capability, so they should be put to good use, hopefully in the near future. And, unlike the camera that I used before this was written, my Fujifilm has an APS-C sized sensor, which is multiple times larger than my one inch sensor on my Sony RX100, which means much better noise performance and dynamic range. What else?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...