I've never tried this technique for astrophotography, and never seen anyone do it before

A 1.25" red filter and polarizer might be a great idea for my astrophotography, the main subject being the moon, and maybe some planetary photography. If you don't know yet, I thought about observing the moon recently, and I've ordered a special adapter to be able to mount my camera to a telescope. But any filter, especially a Red+CPL combined, can reduce the amount of light entering the camera's sensor dramatically. It might be a little problem when photographing the moon, but even more so when photographing any planets. And by "photographing", I also had high resolution UHD video in mind, and I'm afraid that the light loss by the filters means that the ISO might need to increased beyond the camera's base ISO. But the reason for using such filters is to achieve better contrast, clarity, the effect being fairly prominent when trying to photograph through a sky full of high humidity levels, or simply a hazy sky. If anything of interest gets recorded, it can be more clear on the video and/or photo. Even better of an idea, would be to use a Full spectrum or IR-modified camera, and set up an IR filter as well as a CPL in front of the camera to see even more efficiently through dust and/or other type of haze such as air pollution. I've looked at many astro photos, from various amateur photographers, and I've even read many astronomy posts, but I've never come acrss someone who's done something quite like this! So it should be an interesting idea. Perhaps the loss of light might be not so bad if the tradeoff for better image quality is good enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...