Which Asus laptop should I get? Should I go with HP? (shopping for a budget laptop)

I bought what might very likely be the wrong laptop on Monday; Two models that were so close to each other, and practically can't find much, if any, information on one of them, and if I'd like to compare them to really pick out the differences, the one that I've picked out is really difficult to do research on, there seem to be tens of models of the same exact laptop, I mean...the one I chose, most of the aspects about it has been pointing to it being the lower end version, and even being more expensive. And I didn't go about purchasing the item from the dark web, I actually went to the local electronics store. I really wish that I could keep my laptop, but I'm afraid that the cheaper version is likely much better, as unlike the one that I purchased recently, the cheaper version has touchscreen ability, and some other aspects of it were also better for my usage needs. But it seems to have almost the same RAM performance, has the same exact display size, and a little bit less RAM memory. But the touchscreen version is a two-in-one, and stylus pen included. The exact models that I've mentioned are the Asus Vivobook 14 (I think the formal name is Asus Vivobook 14s) & Asus Vivobook 14 Flip. Goodness, what kind of indecisive scenario did I get myself into?! By the way, as I forgot to mention, the 14 flip seems to be sold out at Best Buy. My needs would mainly include processing (editing) and modifying many RAW images at once, to make time lapses out of after making them into Jpegs. I was told by a salesperson that the SKU number that I had provided was that of the Vivobook 14, and initially I thought to myself, that it's a likely mistake, whether it be a mistake on my part in writing down the digits, or on the salesperson. Either way, I've been somewhat disappointed, and I've been researching online, about what benefits the vivobook 14 might have over the 14 flip; as I might've already mentioned, there are about two to three aspects about the Vivobook 4 that might make it equally, if not more, desirable over the Vivobook 4 Flip, but overall, the benefits of the Vivobook 4 Flip seemed to outweigh any of the benefits offered by the Vivobook 4. It's so much information to take in. And seriously, there's lots of stuff to think about when making this decision, as the details are what really count, probably more than the general specifications. I still have a desire to get an HP, but for me, resolution is just important enough to at least equalize the other aspects of the HP that might make it "better" or simply more desirable in some situations, or for some peoples' needs. For me, the most important aspect of a laptop is for the Hard Drive to be fast, as in, SSD or possibly faster technology, as well as resolution, which I required to be at least Full HD (1920 X 1080). But also in first place would be color rendition and color depth. Dynamic range would be probably the least important for me, but not totally unimportant. I've been wanting to be able to not worry about having a fast drive and/or high resolution, as those two aspects can be worked around; for instance, 720p resolution laptop can be installed to a 4k TV. And having a regular hard drive or flash memory can be worked around by purchasing an external SSD drive. But relatively poor resolution and/or relatively poor Hard Drive performance can only be worked around for given situations, so it can't necessarily be a deciding factor in my case. For example, despite being able to hook up an HD monitor to a 4k TV and still having 4k output, having a 4k TV nearby isn't always the case for everyone, and I would be one of those people, as occasionally I'd be going on a trip far away without a TV at all. And an external Hard Drive, well, that means that you might have to consider for yourself the question, "Since I have an external Hard drive, then is the built-in laptop memory something I paid for that I didn't need to"; you know, because with external memory, in theory at least, you don't need an internal Hard Drive anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...