Still undecided whether to buy new editing software...

I still have been struggling as to what software to purchase for image editing; I know that I'll be purchasing most likely one, maybe two at most: Should I go for the On1 Camera RAW 2019.5 that is decent for various operations or features, or should I instead get Aurora HDR (only focused on HDR) that does it's specific task very well and combine the Aurora program with Elements+ for my Adobe software? The On1Camera RAW software cost about $69.99, while Aurora HDR was $99.99, and Elements+ is $12. I still am not sure, I'd like to download the software for a free trial, but since I have virtually nothing to take photos for testing it out, I really wanted someone that's used at least one of the software to tell me how it might compare to the others. Picolay; if I knew for sure that it worked well enough for alignment and being able to stack several photos, I'd get Aurora HDR. If not though, at least Elements+ is good enough, but I don't want to spend that extra amount of cash if possible, since it might not be that practical. Don't get me wrong, exposure fusion can be made to look quite great even in GIMP software, but I'd like to make real HDR, and take it to another level in Aurora. Oh, and I've been wanting to be able to compile focus stacks and HDRs to result in RAW or DNG format, or to not be switched into Jpeg format after the exposure merging would be done. There is very little information on the internet to directly compare the software, especially as it has to do with focus stacking .I've been trying to ask on Dpreview, but haven't gotten the question answered yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thing less talked about...

My future vision of this week...