Scientists find that people who are more happy don't have more Serotonin

I was reading about the discovery of the levels of Serotonin in people's saliva as compared to the levels of happiness that people experienced, or how much happiness they had; the results supposedly showed an inverse relationship or connection between high Serotonin and high level of happiness. Wow!!! I almost thought that I knew this somehow in the past, but the implication of such a fact could rewrite much of what we know about the human mind. It certainly has made me feel better as I don't have to rely solely on my own Serotonin to stay happy. And, similarly, I don't need to rely on my happiness level to determine my Serotonin level. Perhaps happiness or good feelings could all just be relative. Perhaps happiness, and maybe other positive feelings and/or emotions could be ruled not by chemicals, but something higher up the grand scheme of this universe; think MDMA perhaps!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thing less talked about...

My future vision of this week...