What I think about the new Zenit lens for Sony cameras

I have somewhat of a nostalgic feeling about Zenit. Anyways, since Zenit released their new lens for Sony Full Frame cameras, I got really interested; yes, I already own an expensive camera that's not a Sony, but the lens design is what really caught my interest, and has made me consider switching to Sony Full Frame; perhaps it is the lenses that are being put out there that will sway the decision for my next camera choice, not the camera's design features, which would include stuff such as ergonomics, menu systems, or sensor type. The new lens has a focal length of 50mm, perfect for many uses, maybe even most uses, when paired with a Full Frame cameras, but most importantly, a maximum aperture of...f0.95!!! That's not ultra fast, but it's still very fast, and at 50mm, that really shows. The good thing about the lens is that, most likely, the optimal sharpness that can be achieved could be achieved before I were to step down much; for instance, on my Mitakon 50/1.2 lens, I can stop down to f/2.8, while on the Zenit 50/0.95, I could probably stop down to about f/2.0 and still be able to achieve perfection, when it has to do with sharpness; that would be really interesting as it can relate to photographic technique, which I won't go into detail in this discussion. Sounds like a discussion which calls for some tea, perhaps coffee; why do I like to think about tea and/or coffee during a time when I have a discussion? Anyway, see you on the next blog post, hoping to get some comments from you guys. After all, I won't be able to use this blog anymore, for the time when April comes. I hopefully will move this blog to WordPress or something like that, so if you can, follow me there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...