Full spectrum photos without modified camera

This is the UV, Visual, & IR spectrum, mapped into RGB, which is our own set of colors that we can perceive. To me, this is the art of discovery, but also science. What might be a camera some day, with a back thinned CCD sensor and quartz glass, might possibly produce even more perplexing results. What makes this image surprising is that it was taken using a non-modified camera, my personal favorite & my very own, Fuji XT2. I'm happy to conclude that the Rokinon 50mm f/1.2 is very good for Infrared work. The IR photo, which represents the red channel, was taken at only ISO 200, at a shutter speed of 12 seconds, using an aperture of f/1.2. The focus in the IR shot is off, as compared to the other shots, which have an identical plane of focus; despite this difference in focus, the result turned out surprisingly great! Hopefully, by the beginning of the spring season, which doesn't start off as much in my area until about mid April to May, I will have a true IR filter that I can screw onto the lens, for taking such photos in broad daylight. Still now word on how well the setup would work using a UV filter, which is pretty expensive for me at the time (at least $159)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...