A much larger investment than I initially thought

I really wanted to explore UV photography with a specially modified camera, but also be able to take full spectrum photos and record unexplained phenomena, but the more research I put into it, the more I realized that it’s a large investment. However, a filter for UV imaging would cost me at least 159 dollars, and i’d also need at least one ring for allowing the filter to be mounted to my own lens, which would most likely need to be a Quartz lens. In addition, the sensor would rather need to be a CCD sensor, which in this age is rare to find. But even then, I still wouldn’t be able to capture the full potential that a regular camera can have, which is to expand the spectral range of light gathered by the camera sensor even more; to do so, however, the camera would no longer function as a color camera, but would have better resolving power, being able to capture more detail than an ordinary process by which such a feat could be achieved would involve getting rid of not just the UV/IR filter, but also removing the color filter array carefully, though I don’t know much about the details of how it can be done. The result would be a backthinned sensor. I’ve found it difficult to decide which option to go with, a regular sensor, or a backthinned sensor. However, once i figure it out, i can then decide which lens and camera to use. I’d like to use a cheap camera, for around 100 dollars, however, in this tyle of photography, in some situations it can be important to have manual focus, and to have manual focus, I’d need to invest more into the camera. More than likely, I’d decide on getting an ILC, or interchangeable lens camera, so that I’d have access to special lenses in the future, sińce point and shoot cameras most likely have a UV and/or IR coating on them anyways, further reducing the UV/IR response. End an

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thing less talked about...

My future vision of this week...