Multi Exposure mode can be astoundingly useful in photography; another win for digital photography?!

I forgot to mention, my current camera, the XT2, has a multi exposure mode (I think it's actually called Double exposure). I find that it might come in very useful in the near future, as long as some neat snow arrives and I can go out and do some macro photography of the crystals; using a homemade copy stand (or at least something that resembles one) that's not necessarily professional by general standards, I'd like to change the lighting between identical photos; that is, taking two (maybe more might work) macro photos of a snow crystal that are identical, except that the lighting is different (changes between each photo), making sure that the images are well aligned. It did happen once to me, in fact, and I wasn't aware at the moment that I was using the designated mode (Double exposure) and the result looked astounding, except that I didn't post it anywhere because the images were far from being well aligned, leading to a poor result. I'm eager to try and experiment with this feature, instead of using software for using layers, such as Photoshop or GIMP. The benefit of doing such an edit (if that's necessarily what you can call it) or adjustment in-camera means that you can get an incredible effect SOOC, or straight out of camera, and the results can be viewed instantly; perhaps yet another win for digital photography? I know that the effect can be achieved using film as well, however, you can't view the results instantly like you could using digital photography; a very exciting feature for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thing less talked about...

My future vision of this week...