The fear of the unknown can mitigate pain

I'm afraid of many things, whether it be the open water or space. But perhaps my greatest fear is that I will be bored. Or, perhaps it is the possibility that if something painful might happen in life, there might not be the fear of the unknown to supplement it. I like to think that fear is real, because if I'm in great pain, then fear can be a relief, especially if it's the greatest fear, the fear of the unknown. Dark reality is equivalent to pain in normal circumstances, but for pain, I like to be scared so much that my pain might go away. Some of us might believe in demons, or possession, or UFOs, or the paranormal in general; and I think that I've begun to see why these kinds of thoughts might be necessary. I, for one, would be terrified if I saw an extraterrestrial UFO or was in the midst of an unseen entity; however, mind you, it is such a state of reality that can put us into such a state of mind, that physical pain can mix with emotional pain or fear, and one can mitigate the other! This is something that I've been able to realize during my lifetime. Hopefully, if I ever have to endure pain, I can use fear as the antidote!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thing less talked about...

My future vision of this week...