Should I get The Phantom or the Mantis?!

I've been recently thinking about purchasing a new drone. The Mantis is a relatively small, foldable drone, which I could fly indoors and into haunted/paranormal houses, as well as might be easily transported, especially in my backpack, which I could also take my camera gear in as well. However, the Phantom, being bigger, isn't foldable, although it has the ability to take photo and video of greater quality, especially in dark lighting or simply during the nighttime. The Phantom would probably be more resistant to the wind, and have a flying time of only two minutes less than that of the Mantis (30 min compared to 33 min). Mind you, 33 minutes is long for a drone, especially at the price point that it's recently been at! Otherwise, the Mantis would be lighter and wouldn’t require setup, albeit the latter’s only a slight advantage. The Phantom=$270 more than the Mantis, and is about $400 off retail, while the Mantis=about $150 off retail. So there, a more expensive drone is the Phantom, but I could save even more money. However, that’s if I buy the drone from Best Buy; If I choose to purchase from Adorama, I’ could get an additional $25 off and the Mantis would then be a better buy. The problem however, with Adorama, is that the drone’s on backorder, or at least it was at the time of writing. Some things to think about, for sure. In the meantime, I should be purchasing a new phone, and if at all possible, it will be a OnePlus 6T! Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...