Photographing Ice With Mitakon 20mm Lens!

Using my Fuji XT2 & Mitakon 20mm f/2 4X to 4.5X magnification lens set to about 4.1X, or 4.1:1 ratio. The lens seems to be very unresponsive to light however, at least at about f/8 and downwards. 1/6 of a second exposure in broad daylight, at about 12:00 here in Southern Michigan. This day it was not snowing much at all, but I used a brush and "hunted" for snowflakes out on the ice on the swamp out in the backyard. I used a black hat as a backdrop, adjusted some things in RAW converter, and applied slight levels. Overall, I think that this is only an average image, or maybe a little better than average; Apart from great lighting and backdrop, the DOF is just too narrow for this photo to really work. At the time, I was taking photos at various focusing settings (distances) but by the time the focus got to about the middle portion of the crystal, that's when stuff basically went crazy and the crystal blew away. To my surprise, however, after reviewing the various photos taken at different focusing distances, I noticed that there was melting happening! Will also be interesting to take photos with a phone and compare the quality of the photos to those taken with my XT2! Maybe not the beginning of the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...