I might’ve made a mistake with my micro & astro photography; an interesting alternative to using a point and shoot and SLR.

https://www.back-bone.ca/product/ribcage-modified-yi-4k/ I was thinking about doing some IR photomicrography with this kind of setup; imagine instead of mounting an SLR lens, you just mount a microscope eyepiece to the front! Astronomy, or more particularly, astrophotography, would be much more challenging and demanding, and the extremely small sensor wouldn’t be able to do much at all, however, in video mode, you could get some great videos of the moon or very distant terrestrial objects. Would be neat to record some UFOs with this kind of a setup. I know that a camera such as a GoPro isn’t truly dedicated towards photography and/or cinematography, but I seriously think that some amazing captures could be done if you bought a modified action cam, because it would suit a microscope and telescope very well, even better in my opinion than what could be achieved with a point and shoot camera, even the most expensive, the $1,000+ Sony RX100 VI. This is really exciting concept, I wish that I would’ve opted for this instead of my point and shoot camera; I bought a point and shoot so that it’d be well suited towards extreme macro & astrophotography. I already have a GoPro Hero 5 Black, so I am definitely considering modifying it some time in the future. Or I could modify it myself, would be much cheaper...and in the meanwhile, I could get myself one of the great mirrorless cameras that I’ve been dreaming about! I could’ve saved some money and that might’ve been a better choice, who knows?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thing less talked about...

My future vision of this week...