I can take a lot of photos in Washington

When I'm the Washington state, hopefully I can get some photos free of light pollution, of the night sky. I’d like to set up an intervalometer to photograph literally at least 10,000 photos per night to capture a time lapse, and examine the photos to determine if I captured anything interesting, such as maybe even a UFO. Why that many photos? I'll get into it towards the end of this post. It’s not a realistic idea for now, I’m afraid, because setting my camera outside all night worries me for multiple reasons. Anyways, I took over 420 photos one night, each being at least 2.5 seconds long, with my intervalometer set to time down the photos. I really wish that this intervalometer of mine could be set for many times longer, so that I wouldn’t have to get up 100 times a night to reset it. Despite taking so many photos that night, the camera battery was only 1/5th or so depleted, and my 32 gig memory card still had 27 gigs of free space left on it. But I would still definitely need more power to be able to image all night. If only I could attach the camera to a power sourse outside, that would work. I like to limit my exposure time and use a very high ISO of at least 3200. And shorter exposures are the reason for so many photos. I want to limit the amount of detail that is being degraded in the photos, while still allowing the camera to be sensitive and to make for a sky full of very bright stars, so I use the shortest exposure possible, without underexposing the stars. Thinking more about this, I sure would like to have a full frame camera with an ever quicker lens, such as f/1.0 or quicker. But for now, I might just do some several minute long exposures and then maybe compile them into a time lapse, which I don’t know what program to use, since Picasa is officially out of service. Just some thoughts I suppose. Honestly, I don’t know how much sleep I’ll be getting over this, and whether or not I’ll actually be sleeping instead of taking photos during the day due to the enthrallment of no light pollution!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My future vision of this week...